Saturday, December 6, 2014

Week 2

Week 2


The wound on my leg is healed now! The stitch line isn't as thin as I expected. It's dark magenta and annoying, but I start applying Mederma Gel to it daily. This stuff is awesome. I've never tried the cream, and have no interest. The gel forms a thin shield over the area, and remains there until it's washed off. After just 3 days of twice-daily application, I can see a change in appearance.


These are the supplements I'm taking to hopefully help speed up my recovery:




If I could only choose 1, it would be the Cissus Quadralangus. I have read SO much positive feedback from people who have taken this supplement and LOVE it. It greatly amplifies your body's collagen production, which is what tendons are made of. That's what the French call a Nofuckingbrainer.


I had my 2-week Follow Up Appointment at the end of this week! Time is creeping by, but it feels good to have that under my belt. I was not given much direction, other than to remain non-weight bearing and to take it easy. I am taken out of my splint/soft cast, and put into a short ankle walking boot/air cast. My foot rejects it pretty quickly, but I don't really have a choice, so I wear it at all times. The pressure of the boot aggravates my foot the most at night when I'm sleeping, and it actually digs into my ankle and breaks the skin. It feels like it doesn't fit properly and I have an almost-impossible time keeping my heel placed correctly in the back of the boot. I'm constantly adjusting it, and this makes me paranoid and anxious that my foot isn't at the optimum 90* angle and may compromise my recovery. It's 2014, is it not? How can it be, that this plastic chamber of doom is my best option? I ponder this by candlelight and as I draft intricate blueprints of an immaculate golden boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment